The selection process for national ACEP committees is underway, and all ACEP members are encouraged to apply. Many members find their niche and grow their peer network through committee involvement.
EMRA members interested in serving on an ACEP committee should also apply. The process is the same for resident and active members, and you can expedite the process by using the online application.
The process for selecting members to serve on ACEP Committees is described below.
About the Committees
- ACEP has 30 committees that encompass areas including clinical care, physician wellness, advocacy, EMS, practice management, and many more.
- Additional information on each committee is located on their specific web pages
- Each member is appointed to a one-year term and may serve subsequent terms. If already serving, current committee members submit an annual evaluation to indicate willingness to be reappointed.
- EMRA members who are interested in serving as that organization’s representative should also apply.
- The majority of committee work is accomplished through e-mail and conference calls.
- Members are expected to attend the organizational meetings held during Scientific Assembly.
The committees consider all members on an annual basis. Most committees are updated to include new members, but there are some committees that keep a specific number based on budgetary consideration.
Submission process open for all interested applicant
Committee members currently serving on current committees submit evaluations to indicate their interest to continue serving or submit interest to be considered for other committees.
Deadline for submissions is May 15 each year. All applications are provided for the committee chairs and the president-elect to review. Submissions received after committee membership has been finalized for a particular year will be kept on file for the next appointment cycle.
President-Elect meetings with Staff Liaisons to discuss applications and member appointments for the upcoming committee year.
Applicants are sent committee appointment letters.
Deadline for submission of Conflict-of-Interest forms to complete appointment process.
First meeting held during ACEP annual meeting.
- Each committee chair is provided with the information and materials necessary to evaluate each applicant. The chair and staff liaison will:
- Review the applicant interest form and CV.
- Follow up with applicant for additional information or clarification of submitted information
- Once members are appointed, notify committee members of the date, time, and location of the committee meetings.
- Submit interest form with current CV
- Submit evaluation if already serving on a committee
- Submit Conflict of Interest form to complete the application process
- Attend committee conference calls and annual meeting
- Must be active members of the College in good standing.
- If EMRA member, provide a letter of support from your Program Director and/or mentor
- Current ACEP members should submit a letter of support from their chapter. If unsure how to contact your chapter, visit your chapter website here.
- Willing to participate in completing College objectives
- Wiling to attend all meetings
Factors considered when choosing members to serve:
- Geographic diversity of committee members—rural, urban, suburban, etc.
- Diversity in type of practice—academic, clinical, telemedicine, locums, etc.
- Diversity of age, race, and gender—diversity strengthens ACEP by providing differing perspectives and by promoting inclusion
Recommendations received after committee membership has been finalized for a particular year will be kept on file for the next appointment cycle.