Leadership & Advocacy Conference
Have a Voice on Capitol Hill
April 30 - May 2, 2023
Come together for ACEP's Leadership & Advocacy Conference (LAC) to celebrate emergency medicine’s accomplishments and advocate in person to policymakers for a better environment for your specialty and your patients.
We’ll tackle problems facing EM such as the current boarding crisis, develop tools to advocate at all levels, and build relationships with policymakers and fellow advocates. Seasoned participants will build upon their already-valuable connections, while first-timers to the conference will be trained on effective ways to educate your Members of Congress.
Advocacy isn’t just about Congress, though. Programming this year will bring a fresh new focus on how you can also advocate for yourself even within the workplace to improve your livelihood. All while enjoying opportunities to network and catch up with your emergency physician colleagues.
Programming will include sessions on:
- Myth-busting the rules that govern your workplace, and advocating for change
- How reversal of Roe vs Wade impacts you as an emergency physician
- Tools to advocate against erosion of physician-led care
- Leveraging your hospital’s committees and other opportunities for leadership growth and influencing change
- What really determines your paycheck?
- How ACEP advocacy turns into laws
- Getting policymakers’ attention on the boarding crisis
Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
I left feeling I was part of something larger than myself and was able to speak up for thousands of patients impacted by these issues
Great to interact with ACEP leaders in a manner that can directly impact our practice
Gives you pride in the profession