The announcement of the closing of American Physician Partners (APP) has created a disruption in the lives of thousands of emergency physicians, their families, patients and communities.
As you deal with the inevitable questions, concerns, decisions and anxiety, remember, you're not alone — ACEP has your back.
To get more clarity on what's happening:
- Help crowdsource transition information about the 119 emergency departments affected and which groups will be taking over APP's EM contract
As we determine next steps, we've gathered some of the most relevant benefits to help you as you make decisions in the coming days and weeks.
- Take care of yourself and, if you need them, utilize three free counseling sessions as you plan your next steps.
- Reviewing a contract and have a legal question? You have a members-only discount to pose a specific question to a lawyer (this service is only $15 for a whole year).
- Ready to consider establishing a new group? You have resources to help you form an independent group.
- Have questions about liability or health insurance? Reach out to ACEP’s insurance partner.
- If you're concerned about your tail coverage, get support from our med-mal partner.
- If you’re transitioning a contract, here are some tips you may find handy.
- If you're looking for a new position, our vetted job board offers opportunities all around the country.
- ACEP leaders can also help with CV reviews; just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you’re considering a new job offer, our checklist will help you ask the right questions to negotiate the best employment contract.
If you need support, ACEP stands ready.
Want to Take Matters Into Your Own Hands?
ACEP has even more resources for those who want to consider taking over the contracts at their hospitals.