The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the agency responsible for running Medicare and Medicaid within the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), arguably issues the most regulations that have a direct impact on emergency physicians. Their annual Medicare physician fee schedule (PFS) regulation includes proposals that affect Medicare payments—which serve as the basis for which many private payers set their reimbursement rates.
November 2019: CMS publishes its final rule to determine Medicare physician payments for 2020 -- ACEP has developed a summary of major provisions impacting emergency physicians included in the rule. ACEP had responded in September to CMS' proposed regulation with a robust comment letter; click here for a summary of that response.
ACEP4U: See how ACEP is advocating to make sure EM physicians are appropriately reimbursed.
Check out our Regs & Eggs blog for the latest regulatory updates.
Medicare and Medicaid Regulatory Comment Letters
- Summary of 2020 Medicare PFS and MACRA/QPP Final Rule – November 1, 2019
- ACEP Response to CMS Action Plan to Prevent Opioid Addiction and Enhance Access to MAT – October 11, 2019
- ACEP Comments on CY 2020 OPPS Proposed Rule – September 26, 2019
- Summary of ACEP Comment Letter on 2020 Medicare PFS and MACRA/QPP Proposed Rule – September 23, 2019
- ACEP Comments on Reducing Administrative Burden Request for Information – August 12, 2019
- ACEP Response to Hospital Co-Location with Other Hospitals Draft Guidance – July 2, 2019
- ACEP Comments on CMS' 2020 Inpatient Prospective Payment System Proposed Rule – June 24 2019
- Summary of ACEP Comment Letters on CMS and ONC Interoperability and Data Blocking Proposed Rules – May 31, 2019
- ACEP Comments on the 2020 Medicare Part C and D Advance Notice and Draft Call Letter – February 28, 2019
- ACEP Summary of CMS and ONC Proposed Rule on Health IT – February 20, 2019
- ACEP Comments on HHS' RFI on HIPAA Revisions – February 12, 2019
- ACEP Comments on Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT's Burden Reduction Draft Strategy – January 25, 2019
- ACEP Comments on CMS' Proposal on Part D and Medicare Advantage to Lower Drug Prices and Reduce Out-of-Pocket Expenses – January 24, 2019
- Summary of 2019 Medicare Shared Savings/ACO Program Final Rule
- ACEP Response to Medicaid Managed Care Proposed Rule – January 10, 2019
- ACEP Comments on IPI Drug Pricing Model – December 27, 2018
- ACEP Comments on State Relief and Empowerment (i.e. Section 1332) Waivers – December 21, 2018
- ACEP Comments on CMS Proposed Rule on Reducing Provider Regulatory Burdens – November 16, 2018
- Summary of 2019 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule and MACRA/QPP Final Rule – November 5, 2018
- ACEP Comments on Proposed Rule on Medicare ACO Program – October 16, 2018
- ACEP Comments on CY 2019 OPPS Proposed Rule – September 24, 2018
- Summary of Emergency Medicine-related Provisions in CMS Proposed Rule on Reducing Provider Regulatory Burdens – September 17, 2018
- Summary of ACEP Comment Letter on 2019 Medicare PFS and MACRA/QPP Proposed Rule – September 10, 2018
- ACEP Response to CMS Request for Information Regarding the Physician Self-Referral Law – August 24, 2018
- ACEP Comments on CY 2019 Medicare Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) Proposed Rule – June 22, 2018
- ACEP Comments on the Exemptions to Methods for Assuring Access to Covered Medicaid Services Proposed Rule – May 22, 2018
- ACEP Comments on the 2019 Medicare Part C and D Advance Notice and Draft Call Letter – March 5, 2018
- ACEP Comments on 2019 Medicare Advantage and Part D Proposed Rule – January 16, 2018