Heading into 2023, we want to make your job a little easier and your career a little more fulfilling. ACEP has reaffirmed its commitment to you this year to promote the highest quality of emergency care, and to advocate for you, your patients, and your professional identity.
ACEP is here for you …
When you’re feeling overwhelmed, unappreciated and unseen, we’re fighting for you.
- Maintaining the vital patient-physician relationship with multiple lawsuits nationwide
- Defending your scope of practice and physician-led care
- Supporting laws and regulations to stop insurer bad behaviors
When you need to feel a bit safer, we have resources.
- High-level influence to help end ED violence
- Counseling and assistance programs, free for all members
- Conversations with lawmakers, advocating for changes to reduce boarding
When you’re feeling powerless, we have tools.
- Leading the battle against the opioid epidemic and substance use disorder in your ED and community
- Breaking down the changing reimbursement landscape and what it means for you
- Challenging dangerous misinformation about EM care and holding offenders accountable
When you need help with career transitions, we can help.
- A career center to search job listings and resources
- An employer profile database to research potential employers
- A checklist to ensure you’re asking the right contract questions and access to legal answers
Everything we do is for you … our member. We hear you, and your feedback has helped us reimagine member resources, education, meetings, and operations.
In big ways and small, you are at the heart of our work.
Thank you for your work, dedication, and being part of our ACEP family.
Christopher Kang, MD, FACEP