ACEP’s Nominating Committee has selected the slate of candidates for 2023. Elections will occur during the Council Meeting on Sunday, Oct. 8 in advance of ACEP23 in Philadelphia.
During this election cycle, there are four Board of Directors positions to be filled, along with President-Elect, Council Speaker and Council Vice Speaker.
- Jeffrey Goodloe, MD, FACEP (OK)
- Alison Haddock, MD, FACEP (TX)
- Ryan Stanton, MD, FACEP (KY)
Council Speaker Candidate
- Melissa Costello, MD, FACEP (AL)
Vice Speaker Candidates
- Kurtis Mayz, MD, JD, FACEP (OK)
- Michael McCrea, MD, FACEP (OH)
- Larisa Traill, MD, FACEP (MI)
Board of Directors Candidates
- William Felegi, DO, FACEP (NJ)
- Robert Hancock, DO, FACEP (TX)
- Chadd Kraus, DO, CPE, FACEP (PA)
- Abhishek Mehrotra, MD, MA, FACEP (NC)
- Henry Pitzele, MD, FACEP (IL)
- James Shoemaker, MD, FACEP (incumbent - IN)
ACEP's Nominating Committee oversees a deliberative process to select the candidates. Every committee member independently and objectively reviewing each nominee’s supporting documents and curricula vitae to assess their engagement in the specialty of emergency medicine, life experiences, and leadership history. Ideal candidates have more than five years of ongoing membership and a proven history of leadership within ACEP. Learn more.
Nominees not selected by the Nominating Committee have the option to seek nomination from the Council floor in accordance with the Council Standing Rules. All floor candidates must notify the Council Speaker of their intentions in writing. Upon receipt of this written notification, the candidate becomes a “declared floor candidate,” with all the rights and responsibilities of candidates otherwise nominated by the Nominating Committee, and must comply with all rules and requirements of the candidates. Learn more.