ACEP Safety Protocols for Attending the 2021 Leadership & Advocacy Conference
The safety of all our registrants and conference attendees is of utmost importance to ACEP. By attending the 2021 Leadership & Advocacy Conference in Washington, DC, you agree to abide by and engage in certain health and safety beneficial conduct while attending the meeting. This includes, but is not limited to, wearing a mask at all times unless actively eating or drinking, maintaining appropriate physical distancing, and not attending the event if you are ill or have been recently exposed to COVID-19. These protocols are a living document that will continue to evolve as venue and local standards change.
We are monitoring the COVID-19 status and following guidance from the CDC as well as following standards set forth by the venue and Washington, DC authorities. We will execute the following best practices to help attendees stay healthy and to reduce exposure and risk.
- Room set will follow social distance between meeting attendees as established by the authorities
- Banquet set-up will follow social distance protocols and ensure the facility provides appropriate rope and stanchion and signage to guide attendees through buffet
- ACEP Registration area will include sneeze guards at customer service counters, rope and stanchion, and signage to guide attendees through registration check-in
- Touchless payment option created for onsite purchases within ACEP’s meeting area
- Meeting rooms will have designated entrances and exits, clearly identified
- Staff will monitor recommendations from health authorities and the state, local, and city officials, and protocols can be altered to meet changes in the standards
- Visit https://www.hyatt.com/info/global-care-and-cleanliness-commitment for hotel’s safety protocols
Attendees are required to:
- Please stay home if feeling feverish or coughing prior to the conference
- Wear a cloth, N95, or other medical grade masks, covering your nose and mouth, at all times
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Encourage attendees to adopt a no-handshake or no-hug policy
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash, washing or hand sanitizing afterward
- Maintain social distancing
- Disinfect personal items such as cell phones and laptops
- If onsite and you become feverish or coughing, please stay in your room and notify the ACEP Meeting Registrar at 844.381.0911 to report illness - seek medical attention to obtain a COVID-19 test and do not return to the event until a negative test result is obtained
ACEP will send a COVID-19 waiver with LAC21 conference registration.
Grand Hyatt COVID-19 Procedures
Please see a full list of Washington, DC COVID-19 resources including information on travel, FAQ's, visitor safety, and much more.