System Wide Ultrasound Directors
Zachary P. Soucy, DO, FACEP - Co-Chair
Svetlana Zakharchenko, DO, FACEP - Co-Chair
As POCUS is increasingly utilized by a variety of specialties, EPs step up to the leadership forefront implementing POCUS infrastructure. There is demand by hospital network administrators to institute a comprehensive approach to deploying POCUS broadly. Our subcommittee provides SWCUS resources to the ACEP EUS community and is dedicated to support anyone starting a system-wide program, expanding their efforts, or experiencing challenges achieving their goals.
- The subcommittee, in concert with the Industry Roundtable (IRT) subcommittee developed two websites, POCUS Workflow and POCUS Alliance, designed to serve as intradisciplinary platform to warehouse evidence/resources and assist with communication regardless of specialty.
- May 2022 Meeting held - topics covered:
- Post-COVID $
- EM tasked with other departments needs
- Handheld governance
- Publication: ACEP/SAEM/AAEM
- Cormack CJ, Wald AM, Coombs PR, Kallos L, Blecher GE. Time to establish pillars in point-of-care ultrasound. AJUM. 2019;22(1):12-14.
- Strony RJ, Marin JR, Bailitz J, Dean, AJ, Blaivas M, Tayal VS, et al. Systemwide clinical ultrasound program development: An expert consensus model. West J Emerg Med. 2018;19(4):649-653.
- Town Hall/Meetings with SAEM and AAEM collaboration:
SWCUS Town Hall Recording: A collaborative discussion among ACEP, SAEM and AAEM members regarding developing system-wide clinical ultrasound committees. Moderated by ACEP US Chair Nova Panebianco with panelists Dr. Rob Strony, Dr. Zach Soucy (ACEP US System-Wide Subcommittee chairs) and expert Dr. Amie Woods, this video gives lessons learned when starting these committees and helpful ideas for successful implementation. A huge THANK YOU should go to Dr. Rachel Liu for recording the event and getting the transcript together!
SWCUS Supported video documents
- Continue to conduct Spring Town Hall meetings
- Winter subcommittee meeting
- Further Web enhancement on POCUS Workflow and POCUS Alliance
- Specialty docs, SWCUS Roadmap, Bill code sustainability, IS/IT EMR Middleware, Quality, Education
- Large scale SWCUS publication
- Coming Soon!
- Collaboration with other EUS subcommittees
- Advance alliances with clinicians in other specialties working on similar goals
- Create a roster of current technology/vendors available and outline their products' specifics suitable specifically for system-wide POCUS implementation.
Section 1: Governance
- System Wide Clinical Ultrasound Director and Committee
- Clinical Ultrasound Advisor Position
- SWCUS Generic Job Description
Section 2: Procurement
Section 3: Image Archiving and Workflow Solutions
Section 4: Revenue Capture
Section 5: Credentialing, Competency, and QA
Section 6: SWCUD Relevant Articles