Locum Tenens Section
ACEP’s Locum Tenens Section provides a forum in which members of the College with special interests in the role of locum tenens can develop a knowledge base, share information, receive and give counsel, and serve as a resource to others interested in this area of emergency medicine.
- To promote the development of the specialty of emergency medicine and provide networking opportunities and a home within ACEP for those who find it difficult to maintain close ties to their home chapters.
- To promote collegiality and cooperation among the physicians who practice emergency medicine as locum tenens.
- To provide an opportunity for physicians interested in the locum tenens role to meet, interact, and network.
- To develop and present educational programs for those that serve as locum tenens.
- To prepare and distribute an interesting, educational, and informative newsletter for members of the section.
- To serve as a resource to the College president, Board of Directors, College committees, and ACEP members on issues relating to locum tenens.
- To coordinate activities with other organizations involved in emergency medicine at the invitation of the President and/or Board of Directors.
- To advance and publicize legislative issues related to the practice of emergency medicine as locum tenens.
- To provide a pathway for professional leadership development within the organization.