MAT Act - ACEP Resources
- DEA Letter - Updated Training Requirements
- Emergency Medicine Medication for Addiction Treatment: Core Training (2 CME - free)
- Buprenorphine Initiation and Pain Management Workshop (9.25 CME - free)
- Buprenorphine Initiation in Emergency Departments: Interactive Case Vignettes (1 CME - free)
SUD 101 Core Curriculum
The 22 modules provide an overview of evidence-based practices in the prevention, identification, and treatment of substance use disorders and co-occurring mental disorders.
SUD for Non-Clinical Staff
A 4 module introductory course on substance use disorders designed for all staff working within your health care setting, from the administrative staff at the front desk, all clinical staff, and even the CEO. The goal is to provide a better understanding of substance use disorders and the basics on how to prevent, identify, and treat them. Each module includes clinical case discussions.
PCSS Implementation Program Resources
PCSS Video Library
PCSS has developed a library of videos on a variety of clinical topics that can be useful in your practice and to share with your patients.
Opioid Response Network (ORN)
Another SAMHSA-funded program
AMA, Manatt Health unveil toolkit to combat drug overdoses
State Toolkit to End the Nation's Drug Overdose Epidemic: Leading-Edge Actions and Strategies to Remove Barriers to Evidence-based Patient Care
The AMA and Manatt Health release a toolkit to guide states on removing barriers to evidence-based patient care.
To ensure access to evidence-based treatment, the toolkit recommends states expand treatment of opioid use disorder in Medicaid and commercial insurance and remove barriers, such as prior authorization and other utilization management policies. Additionally, treatment must address disparities and the needs of all patients equitably, including vulnerable populations. The toolkit also highlights the importance of enforcing laws on mental health and substance use disorder parity, telehealth, and access to the full continuum of pain care options. States have taken several approaches to making naloxone, the overdose reversing drug, more affordable and available. Download the Toolkit (PDF).
Hear from ACEP's Pain Management and Addiction Medicine Section experts on a variety of topics including:
- Introduction to US Guided Regional Anesthesia in the ED
- Fentanyl and Induction in the age of Fentanyl
- Buprenorphine after Naloxone
- A discussion about improving the management of Alcohol Use Disorders in the ED
- PACED/ IHS Proposal Narrative
- PACED Overview (PPT Slides) presented at IHS ED Improvement Bootcamp 7/12/22
- PACED Overview Video
- Accreditation Criteria (PDF)
- Preparing for PACED Accreditation: A Step by Step Guide (PDF)
- Opioid Podcasts
- Buprenorphine use in the Emergency Department Tool
- Free CME: Pain Management and Acute Exacerbation of Chronic Pain (Part 1)
- Opioid Stewardship
- Peds Pain
- Back pain
- Headache Pain
- Free CME: Pain Management and Acute Exacerbation of Chronic Pain (Part 2)
- Management of Traumatic Pain
- Pain in the Elderly
- Chronic Pain in the ED