Your registration for ACEP’s Leadership & Advocacy Conference includes a valuable opportunity on the conference's second day to meet with your Members of Congress and their staff on Capitol Hill. These visits are a critical component of LAC when emergency physicians just like you can educate Congressional offices on key emergency medicine issues, seek the support of your elected officials for specific bills or legislative initiatives, and show appreciation for their past support of the profession and your patients.
ACEP works closely with Advocacy Associates who will be scheduling visits for all registrants. You will not need to contact your legislators’ Capitol Hill offices directly regarding your appointments.
Here is What to Expect
Advocacy Associates will organize teams of advocates by state and congressional district so that you will be participating in the visits with other conference registrants from your state. ACEP’s DC staff and Chapter leaders will help organize the teams and you will receive detailed instructions prior to the Hill Visits that will include updates on ACEP’s current policy agenda and the primary messages and talking points to relay on Capitol Hill for a consistent, coordinated effort. The Capitol Hill offices you will be visiting will receive briefing materials from ACEP in advance so they can prepare for your meetings.
Hill Visit Mobile Tool
Registrants will have access to Advocacy Associate’s “AdvocacyDay” App that includes:
- Personalized login for each advocate
- All meeting details: time, location, whom you are speaking with
- Map of the Capitol complex that includes walking directions to each building
- Talking points
- A documents tab with one-pagers, leave-behinds, conference information etc.
- The ability to take freehand notes
- Customizable feedback survey for each meeting
- Legislator information, including picture, party, bio, committees, news, website, and social media outlets
- Bill information customized to ACEP’s bills of interest, including summary, status, co-sponsors, and voting record
- Push notifications when there is a change to your schedule
You will receive a pre-recorded training video 1 (one) week in advance of our Hill Day through an initial email from Advocacy Associates. The email will contain login instructions. ACEP Staff and Advocacy Associates will also provide “day of” training.