ACEP’s Locum Tenens Section provides a forum in which members of the College with special interests in the role of locum tenens can develop a knowledge base, share information, receive and give counsel, and serve as a resource to others interested in this area of emergency medicine.
- To promote the development of the specialty of emergency medicine and provide networking opportunities and a home within ACEP for those who find it difficult to maintain close ties to their home chapters.
- To promote collegiality and cooperation among the physicians who practice emergency medicine as locum tenens.
- To provide an opportunity for physicians interested in the locum tenens role to meet, interact, and network.
- To develop and present educational programs for those that serve as locum tenens.
- To prepare and distribute an interesting, educational, and informative newsletter for members of the section.
- To serve as a resource to the College president, Board of Directors, College committees, and ACEP members on issues relating to locum tenens.
- To coordinate activities with other organizations involved in emergency medicine at the invitation of the President and/or Board of Directors.
- To advance and publicize legislative issues related to the practice of emergency medicine as locum tenens.
- To provide a pathway for professional leadership development within the organization.
The membership of the Locum Tenens Section consists of physicians who are interested in working as locum tenens, who are interested in contributing toward the objectives of the section, and who fulfill membership requirements as defined in the ACEP Bylaws. Section members may vote on section matters and be officers of the section.
For inquiries, questions, or comments about the section, please send an email to the staff liaison.
Locum Tenens Section members may email all section members using the section e-list.