August 15, 2022
Other City Safety Initiatives
SF Police Department Community Ambassador Program
- Staffed by retired police officers, the SFPD Community Ambassador program places more than 30 ambassadors in the Union Square area and other tourist neighborhoods.
- Operates seven days a week from 11 am to 9 pm.
- This program provides enhanced safety for visitors and merchants.
- Community ambassadors are tasked with observing and reporting suspicious activity and criminal activity to on-duty SFPD officers.
Tenderloin Linkage Center
- Provides a safe, welcoming space for people who suffer from substance use disorder where they can access dignity services and social space.
- A one-stop-shop for people who are ready to access city health and human service programs to link to the services quickly and easily
- Offers basic need and onsite services 7 days a week
- Named after a city neighborhood