Democratic Group Practice Section
Democratic Group Practice
Traditionally, democratic practice groups give their physician constituents an opportunity to make decisions by offering equal voting to all of its members. This practice model has its advantages and disadvantages, and the Democratic Group Practice Section is a forum for emergency physicians to learn more and also to provide input to the College.
Looking to submit a news article to our sections Newsroom? Read and fill out our Copyright Assignment Agreement.
In addition to the general objectives of ACEP as set forth in the Bylaws, the objectives of the Democratic Group Practice Section are:
- To provide a forum in which members of ACEP involved in or interested in democratic group practice can develop a knowledge base about the advantages and disadvantages of democratic group practice;
- To provide coordinated input to the College from that segment of the general membership with a specific interest in democratic group practice;
- To be available to the College to provide consultative advice on areas related to democratic group practice;
- To provide a forum in which members of the College with a specific interest in democratic group practice may communicate;
- To further development of democratic group practice as an important practice style of emergency medicine;
- To promote due process in emergency medicine, including individual and group contracting, consistent with the ideals of the College; and
- To educate all emergency physicians about aspects of democratic group practice in emergency medicine including:
- obtaining and maintaining a contract,
- understanding economic, hospital, and health care policy,
- furthering career opportunities,
- maintaining career longevity and economic viability.
Join the Discussion on engagED
Democratic Group Practice section members may send an email to all members of this section via our online engagED community.
Do you have questions? Contact us.
Make Plans for ACEP23 in Philadelphia October 9-12, 2023
October 9-12, 2023
We look forward to seeing you there!