Develop and implement integrated digital marketing strategies and promotions to increase and sustain membership, meeting attendance, and educational product sales ensuring ACEP meets its annual goals.
Lead the creation and implementation of innovative email marketing campaigns and promotions with extensions across various digital channels, including digital advertising, paid social media and SEO.
Develop and work in partnership with multiple departments on the broader CRM strategy; refine and improve Click Dimensions functionality; develop a strategy to capture customer data; and build out segmentation and personalization strategies.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
Email Marketing Strategy & Execution
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive email marketing and engagement strategy based on design, delivery and unsubscribe best practices working with internal stakeholders. This strategy includes working with Communications Division staff and with internal clients on email scheduling and segmenting of marketing lists.
- Guide email strategy, identify account opportunities and obstacles, and develop email skills of Communications Division and ACEP staff.
- Create highly segmented, personalized, and targeted marketing campaigns and automations to nurture customers from pre-purchase to strong multi-year brand loyalty utilizing industry best practices.
- Work with Communications Division Directors to analyze campaign metrics and provide regular reporting to stakeholders.
- Support and enhance CRM strategy; manage automation efforts and Click Dimensions.
- Leverage the CRM system to develop and monitor recruitment and retention tracking measures and report results to senior team as requested.
Email Trends, Analysis & Internal Support
- Stay current on applicable technology, tactics, and industry trends.
- Communicate directly with internal stakeholders, provide results/recommending actions, and identify opportunities for growth.
- Work with internal clients to develop, distribute and track emails and assist with implementing reporting (e.g. monthly/campaign) and testing strategies with other data extraction, reporting, and analytical tools (i.e. Google Analytics)
- Support chapters on marketing efforts.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive analytics strategy; gather and analyze data from a variety of sources and make intelligent, informed recommendations and decisions on email marketing plans and investment; work with internal clients on subject line testing and data-driven email processes.
- Provide creative direction and/or marketing consultation on campaigns from various departments and ACEP managed associations as they develop and implement email campaigns. Make recommendations on the efficient use of resources, enabling department staff to perform assigned duties more effectively.
Marketing-Communications Strategy & Support
- Oversee the development and editing of digital promotional materials including email, e-newsletters, websites, and other digital outlets.
- Stay current with best practices in email marketing strategy and make content, design and delivery recommendations to staff based on user engagement analytics.
- In conjunction with the Director of Comms Analytics, assess potential programs for value-added benefits, including member webinars, newsletters, and e-mail messages.
- Contribute to the development and direction the marketing budgets, with an emphasis on maximizing digital expenses for the best ROI. Provide input and recommendations, monitor, and manage implementation of meetings marketing budgets.
- Provide messaging and creative direction for all marketing campaigns
Management & Other Duties
- Work with Communications Division Directors to provide bi-annual performance reviews and with the Training and Development Manager on customized professional development plans for direct reports
- Provide support to committees and sections as assigned.
- Attend business and educational meetings as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Relationships and Contacts
Member Communications and Marketing Director
Digital Communications Manager
All ACEP departments
Members and other customers, vendors of benefit programs, association executives, chapter leaders and executives, corporate sponsors
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related discipline or equivalent related experience
- Minimum of six years related experience in direct marketing and communications with membership or association marketing highly preferred. Experience must include:
- copy writing and editing for direct mail and web pages
- social media communications such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- budget development and management and
- work on project teams
- Extensive use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Web applications, and Microsoft Dynamic CRM
- Advanced experience working with Adobe creative products such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Supervisory experience
Other Desired Qualifications
1. CAE certification
2. Direct sales cultivation
3. Strong initiative and results orientation
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills
5. Ability to share accountability/reward for achieving broader goal
6. Strengths in problem solving and issue-resolution
7. Ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven work environment
8. Attention to detail
9. Ability to multitask
10. Strong analytical and quantitative skills
We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits package, retirement plan and more.
If you have any questions or would like to send your resume, contact us here.