||Responsible for the overall strategy, development, production, evaluation, and improvement of education delivered in digital formats.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs the delivery of education in digital formats, to include selecting and establishing the best delivery channels; maximizing the platform and single entry point for users that make educational products and other resources easy to find; collaborating with technology services staff to integrate the delivery channels with customer and financial systems and with third-party content and hosting service providers; managing contracts and relationships with third-party providers; and implementing new approaches that improve the user experience.
- Develops and implements a content strategy, to include developing a plan for creating, publishing, and updating content delivered in digital formats; establishing a taxonomy and content tagging system to improve search results across products; creating and maintaining an inventory of that content; collaborating with staff in all departments that produce content to integrate that content in the delivery system and eliminate silos of information; ensuring that content aligns with College goals and meets identified member need; evaluating whether content is achieving objectives; ensuring that content searches deliver meaningful results regardless of content source; and evaluating whether members and other users are better able to find the content they want easily.
- Establishes the overall strategy for developing products and services delivered in digital formats, to include selecting the best format and channel for each product; ensuring that products and services meet identified member need; assigning and supervising the work of staff and contractors to develop and produce content; developing and monitoring budgets; and working with marketing and communications staff to align the marketing strategy to drive traffic, convert sales, and increase revenue.
- Implements personalized learning, developing a recommendation engine to direct learners to content that matches those needs; evaluating and improving the quality of the recommendations and learner engagement; and developing new content to meet previously unidentified learner needs.
- Continually improves the customer experience for digital learning, to include marketing; product design, development, production, delivery; and customer service.
- Implements innovations and improvements to position ACEP as a leader in emergency medicine knowledge and education, to include monitoring the environment to identify current and emerging competing services and providers; identifying opportunities for innovation; assessing marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to business success; ensuring that the ACEP education delivery channels and products emulate best practices in field; and enhancing the user experience for all products delivered digitally.
- Collaborates with other content producers to identify intellectual property that aligns with the content strategy and that can be made available through the ACEP delivery channels.
- Builds multimedia courses and products to deliver content through the learning management system.
- Assists with the scheduling, post-production, delivery, and analysis of ACEP’s podcast network
- Maintains and implements up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, to include studying industry trends; identifying emerging technologies and best practices; identifying trends and evolving behavior that supports or impedes ACEP’s success; and evaluating and implementing appropriate platforms, systems, and channels to ensure the growth of ACEP education delivery in digital formats.
- Resolve organizational technical problems in a timely and cost-effective manner. Assist member services in resolution of LMS related questions.
- Manage the learning management system and the relationship with the host vendor to deliver expected function and user experience.
- Ensures activity compliance with ACCME, AMA, and ACEP guidelines.
- Provides instructional design guidance to other staff as directed.
- Develops and manages budgets for all areas of responsibility.
- Serves as staff liaison to the Online Education Subcommittee and other member groups as assigned
- Monitors the CME and e-learning environments and emerging technologies; attends education and professional development conferences; recommends and implements improvements
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Relationships and Contacts
|Managing Director, Education and Management Services
|Accreditation Manager, Educational Products Coordinator
|Educational Meetings; Finance; Member Communications and Marketing; Grants and Corporate Relations; Staff Services; Technology Services, Annals of Emergency Medicine, , Clinical Affairs and Practice Management, Academic Affairs, Quality and Clinical Registry ; Member Services; Managed Organizations (EMRA, SEMPA and CORD)
Learning Management System vendor; accrediting and licensing organizations; chapter leaders and staff; CME providers third-party content and service hosts; commercial publishers; other education providers; application developers; other vendors; authors; editors; customers; Education Steering Committee and subcommittees, College leaders and other members; other association staff, vendors and agents.
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Education, Education or Instructional Technology, Instructional Design, , or other related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing organization-wide educational, technological, and digital strategies aligned with organizational mission and within expected timeline and budget.
- Expertise in negotiation techniques and fiscal management.
- Strong technology acumen. especially with online learning platforms.
- Experience in applying instructional design and adult learning principles
- Using multimedia and graphic design and in building SCORM-compliant courses using authoring tools such as Storyline, Captivate 8 or 9, DominKnow Learning (Claro, Flow), Litmos Author
- Working with a learning or content management system (preferably Crowd Wisdom)
- Project management including developing project plans and schedules, meeting deadlines, adapting to changing priorities, and managing budgets
- Ability to anticipate, identify, analyze, and capitalize on growth opportunities
- Supervisory experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in a large medical or scientific non-profit organization preferred.
- Certified CME Professional (CCMEP)
- Knowledge of best practices for online and mobile learning
- Experience developing education products in a variety of formats
- Experience integrating an LMS with a CRM or customer database
- Experience using assessment or evaluation tools to improve products
- Teaching experience
- Website content editor experience, preferably with the Ektron platform
- Experience working with Microsoft CRM
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Experience in marketing
- Self-starter, able to make independent decisions
- Service oriented
- InDesign, Photoshop, processing images for the web, image editing
- HTML, CSS, visual editor, responsive web design, CMS
We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits package, retirement plan and more.
If you have any questions or would like to send your resume, contact us here.