||Member Communications & Marketing
||Lead the production of social media in partnership with internal teams, outside vendors and members of the College. Assist in the development and management of multiple member communications based on an established communication plan.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the managing editor of ACEP's member-focused social media channels. Develop the content, set the editorial calendar, and execute content strategy in conjunction with the Director of Member Communications. Monitor the engagement and provide monthly dashboard reports on performance.
- Effectively use social listening software to see trends and issues in the emergency medicine world. Leverage this knowledge into proactive or responsive social media posts. Monitor the budget and ensure payment of invoices.
- Coordinate and manage social media ambassadors for ACEP educational meetings and other high-profile strategic initiatives, including management of any budget and invoices related to their service, such as the reception at the annual meeting.
- Develop, write and distribute the e-newsletters, including ACEP eNOW, EM Today and Weekend Review. Work with vendors to maximize available complimentary ad space for ACEP products and services.
- Produce video projects, including the pre-production work, shooting and editing to project completion. Monitor the industry for best practices, emerging software and other enhancements in both style and technology.
- Advise and be a consultant for staff on video projects; assessing their ability to be created in house or at cost with a partner. Be the main staff contact for any questions about grant, section, chapter or other contingency group's project ideas.
- Develop project plans, negotiate rates, manage budgets, and supervise partner vendors as assigned for social media and video-related projects.
- Manage the mailing lists for both print and digital publications on regular schedule and provide to publishing partners per their specifications.
- Assist with the management of the Annual Meeting onsite program content development, oversee the layout and work with our partners on production and distribution. Help translate the program into the meeting app, as needed.
- Contribute to the production of the annual meeting Daily News. Develop story ideas and write articles as needed.
- Serve as a content author on the ACEP website.
- In the absence of the Member Communications and Marketing Director, respond to questions and provide direction to staff and members regarding department activities.
- Continually monitor the emergency medicine environment and ACEP activities to stay up to date on issues affecting emergency physicians.
- Draft and/or edit other written communications (e.g. reports, correspondence and guidelines) as assigned.
- Provide professional support to committees and/or sections as assigned.
- Respond to member and chapter requests for information.
- Attend business and educational meetings as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Relationships and Contacts
|Member Communications and Marketing Director
|Staff in all departments
Members, chapter executives and leaders, Board of Directors and other leaders, other associations, vendors and consultants
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Five years related experience with emphasis on managing and writing for social and digital channels, as well as video scripts
- Proficiency with FinalCut Pro, or other video software.
- Proficiency with a web content management system.
- Experience with crisis communications efforts.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Familiarity with issues in emergency medicine and organized medicine
- Personality that can be respectfully humorous but also serious when necessary
- Ability to work under and meet deadlines
- Good people skills
- Web publishing experience
We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits package, retirement plan and more.
If you have any questions or would like to send your resume, contact us here.