Provide project management to Emergency Medicine Policy Institute (EMPI), perform data analysis, administrative support, and other activities.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct assigned research projects aimed at promoting the value of emergency medicine in the U.S. health care system; help identify other potential research projects/ topic areas that have not yet been explored that would advance EMPI’s objectives.
- Align project management processes with goals of the research; develop and implement project plans to achieve established goals and objectives in a timely fashion. Assure all deliverables are completed per project scope of work.
- Locate, extract, collect, and/or compile quantitative data and other information, reformatting and standardizing data from different sources and data sets as needed; interpret and evaluate data for accuracy, relevance, authoritativeness, and usefulness; work with other staff to identify and resolve problems with data.
- Prepare meaningful presentations and reports based on data analysis and findings.
- Provide staff support to EMPI as assigned (develop agendas and meeting materials, etc).
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Relationships and Contacts
Regulatory Affairs Director, DC Office
ACEP and EMPI staff members
EMPI Board of Governors, ACEP members, Federal Government Affairs Committee members, chapter executives, medical societies, and other health & business organizations
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience
- Knowledge of health policy, ideally with expertise in health care systems and health care financing. At least two years’ experience conducting literature reviews and policy and statistical analysis.
- Adept in overseeing multiple project timelines and deadlines.
- Experience in conducting data and statistical analysis involving Excel, Access, and other software, such as R, SAS, Python, SQL, or VBA, to summarize trends, develop and execute database queries, and develop and format modeling inputs.
- Ability to create meaningful data presentations in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Previous work experience in busy, high-pressure office setting in government, trade association, or administrative offices in non-profit institutions
- Ability to handle a range of delegated tasks, work independently, exercise good judgment, prioritize tasks, display personal initiatives, and follow through in all areas assigned with good attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Dependable, responsible, and resourceful
- Cooperative, tactful, and able to work under pressure
- Must be organized
We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits package, retirement plan and more.
If you have any questions or would like to send your resume, contact us here.