Chapter and State Relations
Supports assigned organizations that have contracted with ACEP for the provision of administrative services
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- At the direction of staff leadership, provide administrative support for presidents and officers of all assigned managed organization(s).
- Keep an accurate record for all minutes and transactions of the Board of Directors, committees and other organization meetings.
- Work with staff leadership to facilitate the successful operation of general office administration, including organizational records, database management, promotional materials, and merchandise.
- Support the various projects and initiatives related to the operations of the managed organization(s)(elections, meetings, budget preparation, orientation of new officers, annual forms due to national, membership marketing).
- Implement, monitor and update policies as adopted by respective boards of directors.
- Assist with the development of organizational and member communication efforts, including the maintenance of websites, newsletters, and other communication efforts.
- Plan, implement, evaluate and provide oversight of meetings and conferences.
- Oversee financial affairs, including oversight of accounts, deposits, withdrawals from any and all accounts as assigned. Ensure tax returns are timely filed and yearly budget is given to the Board of managed organizations.
- Ensure regular communication between president and contracted organization staff leadership and other relevant departments and functions.
- Establish active efforts to grow and maintain membership by assisting with membership campaigns.
- Assist staff in maintaining current communications content, including updating websites and creating newsletters and other communication resources.
- Attend business and educational meetings as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
Relationships and Contacts
Director of Chapter and State Relations
Managed organization leaders and members, ACEP Board of Directors; medical groups; vendors; advertisers; funding sources, state medical associations, committees
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in management, education, communications, health care or related field or equivalent related experience
Minimum of three year’s administrative experience
Minimum of three year’s experience in a nonprofit organization that includes working on multiple, simultaneous projects; budgeting; oversight of contract negotiation and management publications development and production; as well as Web site development and maintenance
Experience working with volunteer leaders
OTHER DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Meeting planning experience
- Multiple management company experience
- Membership and association management experience
- Certified Association Executive (CAE)
We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits package, retirement plan and more.
If you have any questions or would like to send your resume, contact us here.