COVID-19 Protocols and Policies
Your health and safety is vital to us. We are following the COVID-19 safety protocols and procedures of California and the city of San Francisco. ACEP also has protocols in place and will be following strict adherence to safety guidelines during all ACEP22 official events. We will continue to update our policies as changes are made or required.
As of July 26, 2022
ACEP22 Safety Protocols
The safety of all ACEP22 attendees is a top priority to ACEP. By attending ACEP22 in San Francisco, CA, you agree to abide by and engage in certain beneficial health and safety conduct while attending the meeting. This includes, but is not limited to, attesting to vaccination status**, receiving a negative result on a self-administered antigen test no later than 24 hours prior to arrival at the event, maintaining appropriate physical distancing, and removing yourself from the event if you are ill or have been recently exposed to COVID-19. ACEP strongly recommends wearing a mask at all times during the event.
We continue to monitor the COVID-19 status and follow guidance from the CDC, state, local/city officials as well as following standards set forth by the venue. We will execute the following best practices to help attendees and staff stay healthy and to reduce exposure and risk.
**Attendees must fall into one of two categories:
- Received all doses (1 or 2 depending upon the vaccine manufacturer) in the primary series of an approved COVID-19 vaccine, per the CDC definition. ACEP strongly recommends attendees also be “up to date” with vaccines, which is defined by the CDC as having received all doses in the primary series and any boosters recommended for you, if eligible; or
- Unable to obtain the vaccine and have been approved for a medical exemption. Request an exemption and email completed forms to email@example.com.
- Require all attendees, exhibitors, councillors, and event support staff attest to vaccinations with the exception of medical exemptions
- Require attestation of a negative result to a COVID-19 antigen self-test no later than 24 hours prior to onsite registration
- Strongly encourage the use of masks throughout the event
- Utilize social distancing protocols including:
- Increased spacing in all areas of the meeting, including registration, course rooms, exhibit floor, Research Forum, lounges, and public spaces
- Course rooms, with spaced seating, will have designated entrances and exits to assist in traffic flow management
- Banquet sets will follow physical distancing protocols, caterer’s food distribution safety procedures, and traffic flow management
- Registration designed to limit contact and manage the traffic flow within the area to encourage physical distancing utilizing rope and stanchion, “stand here” floor clings, enter here and exit here signage
- Ensure an appropriate amount of hand sanitizer stations are displayed throughout the Moscone Center
- Increase directional signage within the Moscone Center to direct attendees
- Utilize signage to remind attendees to maintain physical distancing, handwashing, mask recommendations, etc.
- Created touchless payment option for onsite purchases within ACEP’s meeting area
- Enhanced cleaning schedules within the Moscone Center and enhanced filtration systems
- Designated indoor and outdoor physically distanced areas for eating and drinking, including spaced tables and seating
- Provide onsite testing upon request at a designated health and safety area
Attendees are required to:
- Abide by vaccination and testing rules
- Stay home if feeling feverish or exhibiting other symptoms of COVID-19 prior to the conference
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Consider adopting a no-handshake or no-hug policy
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash, washing or hand sanitizing afterwards
- Maintain social distancing
- Disinfect personal items such as cell phones and laptops
- If onsite and you become feverish or coughing, please stay in your room and notify the ACEP Meeting Registrar at (844) 381-0911 to report illness - seek medical attention to obtain a COVID-19 test and do not return to the event until a negative test result is obtained
Visit the Moscone Center for the convention center’s safety protocols
If you have any questions please reach out to our Meeting Registrar by email or call (844) 381-0911.