Jennifer E. Sanders, MD, FAAP, FACEP - Secretary & Treasurer
Dr. Sanders is an Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine, Pediatrics and Medical Education at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York, where she serves at the Fellowship Director for Pediatric Emergency Medicine and Assistant Medical Director for the Pediatric Emergency Medicine Department. She completed her residency in Pediatrics at the Medical University of South Carolina and her fellowship in Pediatric Emergency Medicine at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. Within ACEP, she has served as a microsite editor for the PEM Section from 2017-2019, and is currently the secretary/treasurer.
Dr. Sanders academic interests include medical education, pediatric critical care, using escape rooms for teambuilding and viral internet challenges. She believes in many ED superstitions, but they are all negated by her lucky narwhal socks.
- Shall take the minutes of the annual meeting of the section and submit to the appropriate section communication vehicle.
- Shall provide the Board of Directors the names of the elected section officers.
- Shall assist the section chair in the preparation of an annual meeting and the chair of other committees of the section, as requested.
- Shall distribute to the membership via the section newsletter or other communications vehicle.
- Shall disseminate such information as shall from time to time be of interest to members of the section.
- Shall notify members regarding their appointment to any committees of the section and shall send copies of such notification to the executive director of the College.
- Shall give due notice of all meetings of the section and the Section Executive Committee to the membership of the section and the Board of Directors of the College.
- Shall serve as editor of the section newsletter.
- Shall carry out such other duties as are assigned by the chair of the section and the Board of Directors of the College.
- This position has a two-year term.