Cristina Zeretzke-Bien, MD, FAAP, FACEP, FAAEM - Chair-Elect
Dr Zeretzke-Bien is board-certified in general pediatrics and pediatric emergency medicine. Dr. Zeretzke-Bien completed her medical degree at St. George’s University School of Medicine in St. George, Grenada. She performed her internship of residency training at Tulane University in New Orleans, La., and completed her pediatric residency at the University of Florida. She then completed her fellowship training in pediatric emergency medicine at the University of Florida in Jacksonville.
Dr. Zeretzke-Bien is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and is a member of the American College of Emergency Physicians and the Society of Academic Emergency Medicine. She is involved in the Emergency Medical Services for Children, and as a board member for the Child Advocacy Center in Gainesville. She is currently serving at the ACEP PEM Section Chair Elect. She is passionate regarding improving child services surrounding pediatric emergency medicine with a particular focus on the areas of injury prevention, disaster preparedness and child abuse.
- Shall serve as an officer of the section.
- Shall assist the chair in section duties as designated by the chair.
- Shall serve as chair in the absence, resignation, or death of the chair.
- After completion of a two-year term, Chair-elect shall assume the role of Chair of the Pediatric Section.
- Shall serve as webmaster of the section website, coordinating all educational materials and posting content to the website with the assistance of the website co-editors.