Shobhit Jain, MD, FAAP, FACEP -
Dr. Jain is an Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the University of Missouri-Kansas City and a Pediatric Emergency Medicine physician at Children’s Mercy Hospital. After moving to the US from India, he did his pediatrics residency in New York followed by a fellowship in emergency medicine in Kansas City. He solidified his passion for QI and patient safety through a 3-year certificate program through the Academic Pediatric Association and became a ‘Quality and Safety Improvement Scholar’. He also holds a black belt in lean and six-sigma methodology. He currently serves as the Director for Quality Improvement for the division of Emergency Medicine. Through multidisciplinary collaboration on numerous projects, he has produced several peer-reviewed publications and presented over 40 scientific abstracts at national conferences.
Dr. Jain’s favorite PEM resource is ‘Pedi QuikCalc’ App for all the dosages. He cannot work without stickers and a CMH Card in my pocket. ED superstitions I believe in – The sheer plan of taking any non-clinical work to the ED ensures a super busy shift.
- Shall represent the section at the Council meeting.
- Shall have duties, obligations, and privileges as designated by the Bylaws and procedures adopted by the Council.
- Shall keep the section informed of all Council activities before, during, and between sessions and report to the section, in its newsletter and/or other communication vehicles, all important matters considered.
- Shall bring any resolutions that are developed to the Council from the section.
- The alternate councillor(s) becomes the councillor at the end of his/her two-year term. If he/she cannot serve as councillor, the section shall elect a member to fill both positions and resume normal progression from alternate councillor(s) to councillor.