Chapter Mailing List Rental Application
STEP 1: Agree to the ACEP Mailing List Rental Guidelines, Terms and Conditions, and Pricing Structure
ACEP Chapter Membership mailing List rental Policy
Chapter Cross Reference Database (Portal)
Chapters may access the “Chapter Cross Reference Database (Portal)” to obtain current information for their members at no charge. They may download a variety of chapter membership reports as well as a current chapter membership roster. The available reports include the option to download chapter mailing list information.
In the event the Portal is inaccessible/not operational, Chapter mailing list requests will be handled by Chapter Services. All requests for names outside of the respective Chapter membership will be directed to ACEP CME Staff and will be subject to the application policies/procedures and fee schedule outlined below.
Chapters choosing not to utilize the “free” portal to obtain mailing list information for their members may submit an application to ACEP’s CME Approval Coordinator. Applications will be subject to the policies/procedures and fee schedule outlined below.
All promotional materials for CME activities approved for/seeking accreditation by national ACEP must be reviewed and approved by the CME Approval Coordinator PRIOR to distribution. This includes, but is not limited to, e-mails, brochures, mailers, flyers, Web pages, on-site programs, and press releases. CME credit approval will be declined/revoked for activities promoted without prior approval.
A copy of the promotional piece/advertisement must be submitted with the agreement. Orders will not be processed without a sample mail piece and form of payment.
The Chapter reduced fee schedule outlined below applies to only Chapter activities. Third Party activities will be charged full price.
Sale of Chapter self-generated mailing lists
Before determining whether to maintain, reproduce, and sell chapter lists, chapters should consider the revenue expected and the procedures and liabilities.
To sell their own lists, Chapters must store and produce their own lists of their chapter members. They are required to maintain current, up-to-date lists. National ACEP will continue to make current membership data available to chapters via the “Chapter Cross Reference Database (Portal)”. Chapters are responsible for uploading the changes into their own list.
Chapters may sell self-generated lists of their own chapter members, but may not store or reproduce member names and addresses from other chapters. Chapters may not sell lists obtained directly from national ACEP.
When chapters sell self-generated lists, they must agree to refrain from restraint of trade or anti-trust practices. There is no principal-agent relationship between chapter and national association; the chapter sells its lists without national knowledge or approval. Compliance with all laws and regulations is the responsibility of the chapter.
There is a possibility of the national association (and therefore all other chapters) being included in anti- trust or restraint of trade actions. The College follows strict procedures in releasing the membership list to outside agencies. Chapters should establish similar procedures.
The policy whereby chapters may sell only self-generated lists for their members is recommended to protect the majority of chapters. The chapter-generated list may decrease the potential of the College (and therefore all other chapters) being drawn into an anti-trust action. The sale of lists generated by the College may be perceived as a chapter acting on behalf of the College when in fact the College has no mechanism of knowing to whom the list is sold or not sold. The policy helps minimize the liability of ACEP and other chapters for inappropriate chapter actions.
ACEP Guidelines for rental of membership list
The ACEP membership list, for the purposes of mailing labels only, may be rented for one-time use upon ACEP’s review and approval of the request and the proposed mailing piece using the criteria outlined in these guidelines.
- The proposed use of the list will be for mailing an item that promotes a program, product, or service which reasonably can be expected to be of interest to ACEP members.
- The list will be made available for research purposes provided the requestor submits a sample of the mailing piece, etc.
- All copy to be mailed to ACEP members must be submitted to ACEP prior to release of the list. ACEP’s requests for changes in copy (e.g., to correct an inappropriate use of ACEP’s name,) must be made by the customer and submitted, in writing, prior to release of the list.
- ACEP reserves the right to reject any membership mailing label list request. The following are examples of uses of the list that may be denied:
- Use by political candidates.
- Publicity or advertising that might imply to ACEP members that the College has endorsed an organization, its purpose, products, or services, particularly if the College has not taken an official position on the issue advocated by the organization.
- Use by organizations for any fundraising purposes or membership solicitation.
- Any communication that would tend to mislead, misinform, or be considered distasteful.
- Concern about the reliability or integrity of the customer requesting the labels, particularly if the customer has an account that is 90 days or more past due.
- The Board of Directors will establish prices for the rental of the list during the budget approval process. Prices will vary according to the purpose of the mailing. For example, lists for an education program with ACEP Category I credit are less expensive than labels for physician recruitment.
- ACEP will neither release members’ telephone numbers of any kind (home, work, cell, fax, etc.) nor members’ email addresses of any kind. ACEP will not authorize the list to be stored or duplicated in any manner, including the personalization of letters by electronic storage of the list.
When a third party rents the membership list or purchases mailing labels, the information will be provided to chapter services staff and a notification will be provided to the chapter where the meeting will be held.
Terms and Conditions
- Third Party Rush orders (less than 3 business days): add $50
- Payment is due upon submission of application and prior to dissemination of list by ACEP.
- Third Party Cancellation Policy
- Prior to dissemination of list by ACEP - payment will be refunded less a $150 fee; $200 fee if application was processed as a rush order
- After dissemination of list by ACEP – payment in full is required; no refund will be processed
- List rental for one-time use only. The list will not be reproduced or stored in any manner, either in part or in whole. This statement prohibits the user from producing individualized repetitious letters. Additional usage will require submission of an additional request to ACEP.
- Sample materials proposed for mailing must be submitted for review. Where final materials are not available, a comprehensive layout and copy must be submitted. ACEP will be the final authority for approval of mailing list use. The list is to be used only for the purposes of distributing materials previously reviewed and approved by the College.
- Each purchase is a separate contract between ACEP and the use and shall imply no obligation on the part of ACEP to enter into future contracts for the use of the list.
- Failure to adhere to guidelines may result in legal action. Such misuse will render the customer liable for all damages to the College which arises from litigation, attorney’s fees, court costs, and expenses incurred because of misuse.
|Chapter Activities Only|
|0-700 names||$40.00/1000 names|
|701-1,400 names||$30.00/1000 names|
|1,401-2,000 names||$20.00/1000 names|
|2001-2500 names||$15.00/1000 names|
|2,501-6,000 names||$10.00/1000 names|
|6,001-15,000 names||$7.50/1000 names|
|>15,000 names||$6.50/1000 names|
Chapter/Third Party Activities
- $225/M names – Standard Rate
- $175/M names – Discounted Rate for promotions related to educational programs approved for ACEP Category I Credit
- $8/M Key Coding
- $50 – Rush Fee (less than 3 days business days)
- $150 – Cancellation fee for non-rush order cancellations received prior to dissemination of the list by ACEP
- $200 – Cancellation fee for rush order cancellations received prior to dissemination of the list by ACEP