Board of Directors Nominations Due by March 1
The ACEP Nominating Committee is accepting individual, chapter, and section recommendations for Board of Directors, Council speaker, and Council vice speaker candidates.
Nominations must be submitted no later than March 1 and must be accompanied by a current curriculum vitae.
To qualify for a Board position or Council office, a candidate must:
- Be highly motivated to serve ACEP and be committed for three years for a Board position or two years for Council office
- Be an ACEP member in good standing with no delinquent dues
- Be an ACEP member for at least five years
- Show evidence of ACEP involvement in both national and chapter activities (such as current or past chapter officer, current or past national committee leadership, current or past Council membership, or current or past section leadership);
- Show chapter and/or section support for candidacy.
Criteria for nomination to Council office include:
must be active members of the Council (presently or recently);
must be active nationally (presently or recently); and
will be no exclusions because of past service.
Nominations may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy Sonja Montgomery (email@example.com) or FAXed to 972-580-2816, or mailed to James M. Cusick, MD, FACEP, Chair, Nominating Committee, P.O. Box 619911, Dallas, TX, 75261-9911.
The Board of Directors and Council officers will be elected on Sunday, October 29, 2017, during the Council meeting in Washington, DC.
For more information about the nomination process, contact Sonja Montgomery, CAE, at 800-798-1822, ext. 3202, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.