Scholarship Fund Program
The ACEP/EMBC Independent EM Group Master Class (“Indy Class”) is structured to lay the foundation and provide real-world insights and guidance from some of the best clinical faculty available. Participants in the Indy Class will leave with information that will empower them to start, maintain and advance an emergency medicine group.
- The mission of Indy Class is to provide a structured and interactive environment for aspiring participants to learn what it takes to start, maintain and advance an EM group.
- The vision of Indy Class is to empower colleagues with the background, skills, strategies and resources to be successful.
- The purpose of the ACEP/EMBC Scholarship Fund is to provide scholarships to deserving ACEP members to attend the Indy Class with registration, travel and hotel covered.
For 2022, the ACEP/EMBC Scholarship Fund’s award ceiling is $2,000 and the individual maximum award is $1,000. The ACEP/EMBC Scholarship Fund will award two (2) scholarships, in the amount of $1,000 per award.
Recipients must be an ACEP member in good standing and be a member of the Emergency Medicine Residents’ Association (EMRA) and/or ACEP’s Young Physicians Section (YPS) to be eligible and considered for one of the awards.
Criteria and eligibility for ACEP/EMBC Scholarship Fund applicants:
- Applicant must be a member of ACEP in good standing.
- Applicant must be a member of EMRA, YPS or both.
- Applicant must be available to travel to ACEP headquarters in Irving, TX from August 22-25, 2022.
- Applicant must be willing to share their experiences for ACEP and EMBC publicity.
- DEADLINE for scholarship applications is June 1, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. EST (no exceptions).
- Applicants will be notified by email and/or phone regarding the status of their application.
- For questions about the application, please email ACEP Sr. Vice President Michele Byers.
Applicant must submit the following items:
- Completed application form.
- Completed essay, as described on Application Form, attached to application.
Completed and eligible applications will be blindly reviewed by members of the EMBC Education committee after ACEP verifies membership and eligibility status.
Deadline: This application form and all other required documentation must be received by June 1, 2022 (5:00 p.m. eastern time).