Scholarship Fund Program
The ACEP/EMBC Independent EM Group Master Class (“Indy Class”) is structured to lay the foundation and provide real world insights and guidance from some of the best clinical faculty available. Participants in the Indy Class will leave with information that will empower them to start, maintain and advance an Emergency Medicine group.
- The mission of Indy Class is to provide a structured and interactive environment for aspiring participants to learn what it takes to start, maintain and advance an EM group.
- The vision of Indy Class is to empower colleagues with the background, skills, strategies and resources to be successful.
- The purpose of the ACEP/EMBC Scholarship Fund is to provide scholarships to deserving ACEP or EMBC members to attend the Indy Class with registration, travel and hotel covered.
For 2023, the ACEP/EMBC Scholarship Fund will award one scholarship of up to $1,000 to cover travel and hotel costs plus free Indy Class registration.
Criteria and eligibility for ACEP/EMBC Scholarship Fund applicants:
- Applicant must be a member of ACEP in good standing and/or part of an EMBC Regular Member group.
- Applicant must be available to travel to ACEP headquarters in Irving, TX (near the DFW airport) May 16-18, 2023.
- Applicant must be willing to share their experiences for ACEP and EMBC publicity.
- DEADLINE for scholarship applications is 5:00 p.m. EST, March 31, 2023 (no exceptions).
- If any question does not apply to you in this application, please put N/A in the space.
- You will be notified by email, and/or phone regarding the status of your application.
- If you have any questions about the application, please email ACEP Director of Conventions & Meetings Toni McElhinney.
Applicant must submit the following items:
- Completed application form.
- Completed essay, as described on Application Form, attached to application.
Completed and eligible applications will be blindly reviewed by members of the EMBC Education committee after ACEP verifies membership and eligibility status.
Deadline: This application form and all other required documentation must be received by 5:00 p.m. EST, March 31, 2023. Applications received after this date and time will not be considered.