Resident & Fellows Awards
The QIPS Section has established two annual awards to recognize the many efforts towards promoting quality improvement and patient safety.
- QIPS Quality & Safety Award for post-training EM physicians with outstanding service in advancing quality and/or patient safety.
- QIPS Resident Quality Award for resident EM physicians or fellows who demonstrate excellence in, and a passion for quality improvement.
Quality & Safety Service Award Recipients
2020 - Dr. Shobhit Jain, MD, FACEP
Past Resident Award Recipients
2020 - Dr. Victoria Terentiev, NYU Langone Health
- Dr. Terentiev and her resident team piloted a novel program in which medical students served as virtual discharge councelors for COVID-19 patients via teleconference to provide in-depth, dedicated counseling regarding a COVID-19 diagnosis.
2019 - Dr. Carolyn Lanam, George Washington University
- Dr. Lanam led an effort to analyze the efficacy of a quality video review-based educational intervention in minimizing pulse check times and maximizing compression ratios for all out-of-hospital cardiac arrests.
2018 - Dr. Ross Littauer, Yale University
- Dr. Littauer's project focuses on reengineering inter-hospital transfers for subspecialty care for patients with nontraumatic intracranial hemorrhage that standardized clinical care goals and enhanced inter-disciplinary communication.
2017 - Dr. Molly Tolins, University of Washington
- Dr. Tolins launched a project that assessed the feasibility of and satisfaction with a smartphone application for wound-care follow-up in addition to standard of care intwo urban Emergency Department populations.