MISSION: The Pediatric Section of the American College of Emergency Physicians seeks to provide up-to-date and evidenced-based educational resources for the care of acutely ill and injured children.
VISION: The Section will become a leader in the development of innovative and effective teaching strategies to improve medical education.
GOALS: The Section will provide members with practical yet transformative educational methods to improve and promote them as teachers.
1. Support and promote the faculty lecture database.
2. Develop an online resource that provides tools and techniques to engage learners.
3. Encourage members to submit educational “Tricks of the Trade” to the PEM Update WordPress site.
4. Maintain and expand a photo gallery of eMages for ongoing learning.
5. Promote increased participation of section members as attendees and faculty in pediatric sessions at the ACEP Scientific Assembly and Advanced Pediatric Emergency Medicine Assembly.
6. Invite former and current ACEP Speakers to provide members with information and a blueprint for becoming a speaker at ACEP and other similar conferences.
7. Provide a database of scripts for SIM cases.
2017 Education workgroup:
Leader: Taryn Taylor