EUS Section Industry Subcommittee
Matthew Flannigan, DO, FACEP, Director, Advanced Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Fellowship. Spectrum Health / Emergency Care Specialists, Grand Rapids, MI
Jason Nomura, MD, FACEP, Director, Advanced Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Fellowship; Director, Institutional Clinical Ultrasound. Christiana Care Health Systems, Newark, DE
Rachel Liu, MD, FACEP, Director, Advanced Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Fellowship; Director, Point-of-Care Ultrasound Education. Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
Each year the ACEP Industry Roundtable leadership seeks to engage industry vendors to improve their products (hardware, software, service). This partnership and ongoing communication led to significant improvements in ultrasound equipment and workflow.
ACEP ultrasound leaders have assisted vendors with prioritizing their research and development efforts. Our discussions have stimulated innovative ideas that address our community’s main points with performing, documenting, reviewing, and sharing our ultrasound images and interpretations.
This year’s discussion and future projects were guided with input from the survey sent to our section’s ultrasound leadership this Fall.
Requested Areas to Focus:
1. Workflow Networking and Connectivity- 48%
2. Ability to Scale Workflow Across Machines / Departments / Hospitals - 22%
3. Hardware / Disinfection- 17%
4. Standardized Reporting-16%
5. Artificial Intelligence/Telehealth- 11%
Future Project Ideas
Patient Wristband Barcode
1. Physicians expressed difficulty having an appropriate barcode to scan. Each system is different. Barcodes might represent the patient’s FIN, MRN, or pharmacy number.
2. Vendors are willing to assist physicians identifying correct barcode
1. Vendors want direction
2. New equipment models have increased features to support modality worklists, ldap, regex, barcode
3. Modality Worklists
5. EPIC / QA Software Interface
6. Create POCUS Dashboards