RSS Feed Print Category View
Say Hello
JeffNielson
Posted: Saturday, October 5, 2013

I am Jeff Nielson.  I'm working in Akron, OH at Summa Health System.  Yes, I am a technophile but I also really want a system that just works for me.  I do usability research, I am just finishing as the Section Chair, and don't have any vendor conflicts of interest!

ictoos@yahoo.com
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013

Hi all. I'm Kerry Forrestal MD and I work out on the eastern shore of Maryland at Peninsula Regional Medical Center.  I have no official title in the section, I'm just helping to get this forum up and running.  

The current sections are in no way the final.  We started this with feedback from the list server.  Feel free to make suggestions for the group to discuss. we're very much hoping to make this a forum that serves its members needs as much as is possible so expect some evolution over the coming months.

Welcome!

Kerry

medyr1
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013

Hello, Steve Mitchell from Seattle/University of Washington/Harborview Medical Center.  Hope all enjoyed my city and had a great conference.  I'm a new member but interested in getting involved.  Currently Medical Director (acting) and was physician lead for Cerner roll out to ED and rest of healthsytem over the last several years.  Also interested in usability and the interface of Health IT and Quality Improvement/Patient Safety.
nickgenes@gmail.com
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013

Hello. I'm Nick Genes at Mount Sinai in NYC. I work with Epic on a number of research projects and throughput reports, and also read and write a bit on health IT and apps. 

I'm going to try to subscribe to this forum, either over RSS or email. Wish me luck! 

bjefant@hotmail.com
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Greetings

I'm Barb Antuna, practicing EM in Colorado @ Centura Health.  Strong interest in informatics, helped with MEDITECH c/s implementation and optimization within the ED environment.  Particular areas of interest include:  documentation and interoperability.  Looking forward to some robust discussions.  

jmcclay@unmc.edu
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Hello, I'm Jim McClay. I'm at the University of Nebraska Medical Center Emergency Department where I work hard to spend all my time on informatics. I'm Epic certified and chair the Physician Advisory Team for our installation. I help found and co-chair the Health Level Seven Emergency Care Workgroup (ECWG). The ECWG participates in standards development of health information systems. We've been responsible for defining data elements for emergency department systems and a functional model for the EDIS. My research interests involve information modeling for ED informatics standards and clinical decision support. Our focus is on improving the usability, quality and safety of EHR systems. 

I'm a past chair of the ACEP informatics section and continue to be impressed by the knowledge and hard work of the section members. Welcome aboard.

Feedback
Click here to
send us feedback