RSS Feed Print Category View
Zonaire screen recording
pererap
Posted: Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Does anyone have a good way to do a screen recording on the Zonare?  I was looking at the iRecord Pro, but figured someone in this vast brainy listserve might have stumbled on a great option.

It has an HDMI out, and a variety of USB's in the back.....

And if you have any ideas for Sonosite machines, I'm sure the group would appreciate your insight as well.....

Best,

Geoff

pererap

Zonare sells the AVID box for video capture from the HDMI output, but I think the output is VGA quality.  This may have to do with the regulations concerning capture from HDMI ports and the industry concerns about “pirating” from HD videos.

There are commercial capture boxes for several thousand dollars that will record high quality video from an HDMI out, but I’m not aware of a cheap easy solution.

Would love it if anyone out there has a good way to do this.                                           Hal Minnigan
pererap

I’ve used the iRecord with Sonosite machines.  It worked well recording educational videos for me, but I couldn’t get our docs to reliably use it.  We use the Sony DVD recorder with an M-Turbo for video recording.  It’s expensive, but it works well and you can it up to start and stop with the A or B buttons on the keyboard.

Will Scruggs, MD, RDMS, FACEP, FAAEM
Director of Emergency Ultrasound
Hawaii Emergency Physicians Associated
Kailua, HI

Feedback
Click here to
send us feedback