RSS Feed Print Category View
Cerner and Q-Path
pererap
Posted: Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I was wondering if I could get anyone's input on their experience with Qpath and a Cerner based EMR.

We are going down the long path of purchasing QPath through our hospital's IT department.  Qpath will interface with our proprietary EMR, but next year our hospital system will change to a Cerner based EMR.  I understand Cerner has some US reporting capability and I am curious if anyone has experience with Cerner US reporting alone or Cerner + QPath.  (Compatibility, work flow issues, etc)

Thanks for your help,

Matt Parsons
Emergency Ultrasound Director
Intermountain Medical Center
Salt Lake CIty, UT
801-664-1919
pererap
Posted: Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Matt,

We have Cerner Firstnet in our ED and use the US templates to document our findings.  We started using Firstnet in April and there was a steep learning curve.  The templates are reasonably good.  Firstnet allows you to add a separate written US note that is visible to other clinicians.  We record images and upload them to Ultralinq for archiving and QA.  Our final permanent medical record is a product called 3M.  Ultralinq could export to 3M if we bought an extra software package but we are OK with things right now since we have a separate written report, archived images, and the ability to do QA.  Contact me if you have any questions after go-live.  

Pat Hinfey
Newark Beth Israel

Feedback
Click here to
send us feedback