RSS Feed Print Category View
Marilyn Bromley's Award
pererap
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014

Greetings Section leaders and members:

Words can’t express how incredibly humbled and grateful I am for the commendation (attached) from the section.  It has been my privilege and honor to serve as your staff liaison.  You are an exceptional group, bright and talented beyond measure.

I stand in awe of those that have served as section leaders.  All they have accomplished to further emergency ultrasound is phenomenal.  The incredible foresight passion, and long hours these volunteers have devoted to moving ultrasound from essentially a concept to a clinical skill that has the potential to save lives and healthcare dollars is beyond extraordinary.

I salute you for your untold contributions to the field of point of care ultrasound and for the care you provide to patients.  As we enter the Thanksgiving holiday and reflect on life’s blessings please know that serving this section is something I will always remember and be thankful for.

Wishing you and yours all the best,

MB

Marilyn Bromley, RN
Director, Emergency Medicine Practice Department
American College of Emergency Physicians
pererap

Marilyn-
This was the very least we could do for someone who has done so much for this section, emergency ultrasound and emergency medicine. Thank you always and we all wish you the best of luck moving forward. You will be missed.

Chris Raio
pererap

I echo Vivek’s comments. Thank you Marilyn!

Anthony J. Dean, MD, FAAEM, FACEP
Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine and Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine in Radiology
Director, Division of Emergency Ultrasonography
Department of Emergency Medicine
University of Pennsylvania Medical Center
pererap

For those who are not familiar with Ms. Bromley, she is the Director of ACEP's Practice Management Department.  Her commendation (worthy of reading carefully)  speaks how instrumental and key she was in the development, growth, and establishment of Emergency  (POC, bedside, focused, clinical) US in the practice of medicine.

Dr. Cardenas and Dr Mandavia, 2 early section leaders, can attest that prior to Ms Bromley's influence and lobbying of the ACEP leadership in the 1990s,  ultrasound was not a priority.   After she proverbially "put her foot down." and made it clear how important US was to the members, and with subsequent work by the Section (just read the commendation), ACEP became its leading supporter .  The rest is history.

It is amazing how one person in the right place at the right time can make a difference.

Thank you Marilyn

Vivek

Vivek Tayal, MD FACEP

Feedback
Click here to
send us feedback