RSS Feed Print Category View
Dr. Resa Lewiss TEDMED talk
pererap
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014

Dr. Resa Lewiss, chair of the Emergency Ultrasound Section has an excellent TEDMED talk available for you to view.

TEDMED talk is now available
http://tedmed.com/speakers/show?id=293055&ref=talks

Thank you for sharing this, Dr. Lewiss.

MB

Marilyn Bromley, RN
pererap

I saw it a couple of days ago. I liked it so much that shared it on FB that same day.
Congrats

Javier Rosario, MD
Florida Emergency Physicians
Emergency Ultrasound Fellow
pererap

Fabulous job Resa!! So great to see an emergency physician being the one to present this at TEDMED.

I think you are exactly right when you talk about vision. While technology was important and disruptive it took visionary people in our specialty to understand and actualize the potential of ultrasound to make a difference for our patients. I am always amazed at how much farther along as a specialty EM is than critical care, which arguably could have realized (and is now realizing)  benefits EM has been on the forefront of discovering and promoting decades ago.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

It was the people that made this difference - Jim Mateer, Dave Plummer, Eric Snoey, Barry Simon, Deitrich Jehle, Evelyn Cardenas, Steve Hoffenberg, John Kendall, Scott Melanson, Mike Heller, Vivek Tayal, Mike Lambert, Larry Melnicker, Sarah Stahmer, Tom Cook, Pat Hunt, Diku Mandavia, Mike Blaivas, Paul Sierzinski, Chris Fox, Dave Bahner, Romolo Gaspari, Chris Raio, Dave Reilly, John Rose, Beatrice Hoffman, Mike Stone, Vicki Noble, Andrew Liteplo and of course Marilyn Bromley (and Resa Lewiss!)- and many others - who had the foresight and the drive to fight the hard battles locally and nationally and to do the research to show how important this is for the care of our patients; and now too many fellows and ultrasound faculty to keep track of, with other frontiers in medical education and international ultrasound that emergency medicine is leading the way on, exciting to see.

I also remember some of the funny looks I got from faculty when I told them I was doing an ultrasound fellowship, back when there were two in the country…

Chris

Christopher L. Moore MD
Associate Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine
Yale University School of Medicine
pererap

"the people that are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones that do"...

The above is illustrative of our section in the development of a new body of knowledge and skill set now called "point of care ultrasound"...though initially highly challenged, we have now shown a profound effect on patient care. Our efforts have been focused on emergency care within the USA, but our collective work has had broad influence among multiple specialties throughout the world - and now our vision of beside visualization is gaining traction in medicine and healthcare in general - and is helping more and more patients around the world...for that we should be proud.

Resa's invitation to TEDMED is milestone in our journey to realization. Not only was she invited to a prestigious healthcare forum - she then delivered a passionate, compelling and visceral presentation that will continue to resonate in making point of care ultrasound "standard care" for all patients...

Kudos to you Resa for representing us all...

Diku
pererap

Ressa,

A simple story, simply told - true !  A wonderful and powerful talk.

Thank you for your work and for representing us so well.

Steve Hoffenberg

Feedback
Click here to
send us feedback