In addition to the general objectives of the College as set forth in the Bylaws, the objectives of this section shall be:
- To promote the development of the specialty of emergency medicine across the world and, particularly, the subspecialty of event medicine.
- To promote collegiality and cooperation among the physicians who practice event medicine.
- To provide an opportunity for physicians interested in event medicine to meet, interact, and network.
- To develop and present education programs on the many facets of event medical care.
- To prepare and distribute an interesting, educational, and informative newsletter for members of the section.
- To serve as a resource to the College president, Board of Directors, College committees, and ACEP members on issues relating to event medicine.
- To coordinate activities with other organizations involved in event medicine at the invitation of the President and/or Board of Directors.
- To advance and publicize legislative issues related to emergency medicine and event medicine.
- To provide a pathway for professional leadership development within the organization.
- To foster collaboration in event medicine research.
- To serve as an educational resource for medical students, residents, and fellows for certification in the area of event medicine.
- To provide mentoring for students, residents, fellows, and practicing emergency physicians who are interested in event medicine.