Co-Chair: Rachel B. Liu, MD, FACEP
Co-Chair: Jacob Schoeneck, MD
To keep the ACEP US community up-to-date on developments within industry as well as emerging applications, serve as a forum for junior members to increase basic knowledge of IT and workflow, facilitate connections among members and vendor leaders. This group is a separate subcommittee than the IRT, but will participate in projects connected with the Industry Round Table.
- Maintain up-to-date list of emerging technologies and/or new companies within the POCUS space.
- Keep abreast of emerging applications in POCUS with respect to the EM specialty.
- Provide education and updates to the ACEP EUS community at-large via town halls, the EUS Newsletter, engagED, and social media.
- Anticipate and troubleshoot potential issues arising from emerging technologies with respect to workflow, institutional and system-wide implementation, and/or hardware itself (technical processes, infection control).
- Communicate with other ACEP EUS subcommittees in providing support documents or guidelines
- Establish a network of members within ACEP EUS who can inform the committee of emerging concepts and identify experts in those realms.