About Phase I
Phase I: Begin Your ED Journey with Phase I of EDDA.
This phase is designed to lay the groundwork for your success throughout the Academy with a series of courses on topics you need to know as ED Director.
Phase I - November 11-15,2019 Sold Out - Join the list to be the first to register for the February 3-7, 2020 offering!
Phase I provides your ED Director foundation with topics on:
- Developing leadership and communication skills
- Dealing with difficult staffing issues
- Patient satisfaction
- Preventing errors and malpractice
- Productivity and compensation
- Hospital and physician contracts
This course allowed me to recognize the training, skills and professionalism required by hospital administrators. A residency in emergency medicine gave me the necessary life saving skills for my profession, but this course adds management skills to practice the business of emergency medicine.