Salary Surveys - Emergency Medicine
The following is a listing of surveys that the American College of Emergency Physicians is aware of specific to emergency physician income/salaries. The College does not endorse any of these surveys, and the statistical validity of each need to be carefully examined if you decide to use these data.
- American Medical Association (AMA). Physician Socioeconomic Statistics. Tracks physician net income after expenses and before taxes. Contact the AMA at 800.621.8335. Web site is www.ama-assn.org.
- American Medical Group Association (AMGA). Medical Group Compensation and Financial Survey. Includes salary and productivity data from nearly 50,000 physicians and 225 organizations in 136 positions/specialties Call 612.294.3644. Information is also available on their web site: www.amga.org.
- Cejka Search. Physician search firm. Surveyed over 100 organizations and 310 physicians in 17 specialties. Includes salaries and bonuses. Call 314.236.4410. www.cejkasearch.com
- Daniel Stern and Associates. Clinical Emergency Medicine Compensation and Benefit Survey. Represents over 500 emergency physicians and nearly 300 emergency department directors. Regional information is available on a pro-rated basis. Participants receive access to results once completed. Call 800.438.2476 www.danielstern.com
- Delta Physician Placement. Physician staffing firm survey of more than 143 organizations and 420 physicians. Free. Call 800.521.5060 ext. 4144. www.deltaplacement.com.
- ECG Management Consultants. Healthcare management consulting firm surveyed 18,000 physicians at 120 organizations and 103 positions/specialties. Call 341.726.2323. www.ecgmc.com
- Fidelis Partners. Surveyed 165 organizations and 515 physicians in 27 positions/specialties. Call 949.325.7058. www.fidelismp.com
- Hay Group. Consulting firm surveyed 180 organizations representing more than 30,000 physicians in 144 specialties. Call 800.716.4429. www.haygroup.com
- Hospital & Healthcare Compensation Service. The Physician Salary Survey Report is published each March. Contains data from 303 organizations and 27,000 physicians in 45 positions/specialties. Call 201.405.0075, ext. 14. Cost is $295. They also have a Hospital Salary & Benefits Report and a Nursing Compensation Report. Web site is www.hhcsinc.com/.
- Jackson & Coker. National physician recruitment firm. Surveyed 19,000 physicians in 24 specialties via Web survey. Contact 800.272.2707. Web site is www.jacksonandcoker.com.
- LocumTenens.com. Survey of 1,323 physicians in 52 positions/specialties. Call 770.643.5559. www.locumtenens.com.
- Martin, Fletcher. Physician Compensation and Benefits Report listing 23 positions/specialties. Martin, Fletcher, a health care staffing firm, conducts compensation surveys on an annual basis. Current survey includes 1,000 physicians and 171 organizations. Free. Call 877.786.7897 or visit www.martinfletcher.com.
- MD Network. Physician Compensation, Incentives and Benefits Survey. Includes data on more than 4,700 physicians in 32 specialties. Call 800.705.7055. Web site is www.md-network.com/.
- Medical Group Management Association. Physician Compensation and Production Survey. Includes compensation data on physicians and non-physician providers by specialty. Representing over 62,000 providers in 174 positions/specialties. Call 877.275.6462, ext. 1888. Info available on www.mgma.com/physcomp.
- Medicus Firm. Physician search firm surveyed 2,500 physicians in 19 positions/specialties. Free. Call 888.260.4242 etc. 23600.521.5060 ext. 4167.
- Merritt Hawkins. Physician Salary Survey. Healthcare staffing firm that reports on recruitment offers. Survey includes 2,700 offers in 20 positions/specialties. Free. Call 800.876.0500. Web site is www.merritthawkins.com.
- Pacific Companies. Data represents more than 76 organizations and over 6,700 physicians in 30 specialties. Call 800.741.7629. www.pacificcompanies.com
- Pinnacle Health Group. Physician recruitment firm survey of 155 organizations and 30,000 physicians in 42 specialties. Free. 800.492.7771. Web site is www.phg.com.
- SullivanCotter & Associates. Physician Salary Survey. Survey is broken down into 4 physician levels: staff physician, residency coordinator, division chief and department chair, plus 9 physician administrative positions and a separate data table for residents. Surveyed 400 organizations with 76,000 physicians in more than 219 specialties. Cost varies depending on participation. Call 248.204.9514. Web site is www.sullivancotter.com.
- Warren Surveys. Latest survey includes 7,000 physicians, and 32 specialties. Cost varies depending on participation. Call 815.877.8794. Web site is www.demarcowarren.com/.
Updated January 2013