Pennsylvania Chapter ACEP
What is PaACEP
Since 1971, the Pennsylvania Chapter of the American College of Emergency Physicians (PaACEP) has been serving emergency physicians by promoting the delivery of quality emergency medical care for all patients and by supporting the professional endeavors of Pennsylvania's emergency physicians. In fact, PaACEP is the oldest and largest state organization actively representing emergency medicine in the Commonwealth. There are over 1,500 emergency physicians who are PaACEP members.
The Chapter's mission is to:
- Advocate and support the primary role of the emergency physician in the delivery of emergency medical care.
- Serve as an aggressive advocate for patient care and public health.
- Provide leadership in continuing medical education, graduate medical education and research.
- Provide medical leadership in the advancement of the state EMS system.
- Provide guidance and advocacy in the ongoing process of legislation, regulation and oversight.
- Advocate equitable reimbursement for services provided.
The PaACEP Board of Directors and committee members are a very diverse group of practicing emergency physicians. They include academicians, private practice physicians, large group, small group, individual physicians, board certified, non-board certified, rural, urban, residents... that is the full range of emergency medicine experience! This diversity and unity gives us strength to pursue our common goals.
Would you like to be involved? PaACEP has several committees, bringing members together to address the full range of issues facing emergency physicians.
- Emergency Medicine Practice/Medical Economics
- EMS/Disaster Preparedness
- Governmental Affairs
- Young Physicians
Chapter CME Programs:
Each year the Chapter provides over 80 hours of ACEP Category I credit in Pennsylvania. As a benefit of membership, PaACEP members can attend an array of nationally recognized, Chapter-sponsored CME programs at a reduced rate.
Annual Scientific Assembly
The chapter's premier CME event offers superb speakers on a variety of timely topics.
Oral Board Simulation Course
The unique feature of this highly acclaimed review course: board certified faculty simulate the exam by presenting practice cases one-on-one.
Emergency Medicine Written Board Review Course
Developed by practicing board certified physicians, the course provides, in just three days, "what you need to know" to pass the board exam.
This one-day program helps emergency physicians and other members of the trauma team fulfill the required Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation non-institutional trauma-related requirements.
PaACEP actively promotes and supports the efforts of the future leaders of our specialty.
The Chapter provides:
- A deep discount to attend Chapter-sponsored CME programs;
- The opportunity for at least one resident to serve as a voting member on the PaACEP Board of Directors;
- Resident input on chapter policies and programs through service on Chapter committees;
- The receipt of all PaACEP publications;
- A Chapter stipend that offsets the cost of one graduated resident's attendance at the annual ACEP Leadership and Advocacy Conference in Washington D.C.
One of the important values of PaACEP membership is having your rights and interests represented in Harrisburg. As a strong, unified professional organization, we have taken many steps to empower emergency physicians and protect our patients.
PaACEP has engaged the services of John Milliron and Associates, to keep chapter leaders up-to-date on the numerous health-care related bills introduced into the Pennsylvania General Assembly and to provide professional assistance 'on the Hill' when we advocate for you and your patients' interests.
PaACEP committee members and staff have worked to form relationships on a state level, resulting in open communication, increased visibility, and inclusion with agencies and organizations such as the Pennsylvania Medical Society, the Hospital and Healthsystem of Pennsylvania, the Pennsylvania Department of Health, the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation, and the Pennsylvania Emergency Health Services Council.
PaACEP - Your Advocate
As a member, you belong to a dynamic group of committed, talented and hard-working individuals whose organization has a strong voice in Pennsylvania.
PaACEP represents the interests of all emergency physicians.
For more information, please contact us at 888-633-5784 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Pennsylvania Chapter Dues