Call for Nominations: QIPS Officers
The QIPS Section is accepting nominations for a one-year term to the following positions:
- Secretary/Newsletter Editor
- Website Editor (no technical or design experience is necessary)
If you are interested in getting more involved in the QIPS Section, becoming a Section Officer is a great way to do so. You can nominate any of your colleagues, or you can nominate yourself as well. Please submit your nomination by email to Dainsworth Chambers or in person at the annual meeting on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 at 12:00 p.m. at McCormick Place West in room W 186 B. Lunch will be available at 11:30 a.m. courtesy of our sponsor, TEVA.
Nominees should be prepared to offer a brief bio or statement at the section meeting.
Duties of the Secretary:
- 5.4.1 The Secretary shall take the minutes of the annual meeting of the Section and submit it to the College.
- 5.4.2 The Secretary shall provide the Board of Directors the names of the elected Section officers.
- 5.4.3 The Secretary shall assist the Section Chair in the preparation of an annual meeting and the chairmen of other committees of the Section, as requested.
- 5.4.4 The Secretary shall distribute to the membership via the Section newsletter:
- 18.104.22.168 The minutes of the annual meeting of the Section.
- 22.214.171.124 Such information as shall from time to time be of interest to members of the Section
- 5.4.5 The Secretary shall notify members regarding their appointment to any committees of the Section and shall send copies of such notification to the Executive Director of the College.
- 5.4.6 The Secretary shall give due notice of all meetings of the Section and the Executive Committee of the Section to the membership of the Section and the Board of Directors of the College.
- 5.4.7 The Secretary shall serve as editor of the Section newsletter.
- 5.4.8 The Secretary shall carry out such other duties as are assigned by the Chair of the Section and the Board of the College.
Duties of the Webpage Editor (No technical or design experience is necessary):
5.7.1 Shall be responsible for obtaining the content, design, maintenance and management of the section website.
Back to Newsletter