New QCDR Measures
ACEP added two new ACEP QCDR measures and 10 measures from Vituity’s Emergency-Clinical Performance Registry (ECPR) for 2020! Vituity is an emergency physician-founded partnership led by physicians from nine specialties which places clinical expertise and patient outcomes at the heart of its practice. Their EM-focused measures, listed below, will be available in CEDR as manually abstracted measures for 2020. As a CEDR participant, you will need to submit collected data for at least 6 measures to CMS. You may select combination of the ACEP, QPP or ECPR measures.
Their EM-focused measures, listed below, will be available in CEDR as manually abstracted measures for 2020. As a CEDR participant, you will need to submit collected data for at least 6 measures to CMS. You may select combination of the ACEP, QPP or ECPR measures.
- New ACEP Measures:
- ACEP52 – Appropriate Emergency Department Utilization of Lumbar Spine Imaging for Atraumatic Low Back Pain
- ACEP53 – Appropriate Use of Imaging for Recurrent Renal Colic
- New ECPR Measures:
- ECPR39 – Avoid Head CT for Patients with Uncomplicated Syncope
- ECPR40 – Initiation of the Initial Sepsis Bundle
- ECPR41 – Rh Status Evaluation and Treatment of Pregnant Women at Risk of fetal Blood Exposure
- ECPR45 – Avoidance of Creatine Kinase-MB (CK-MB) Testing for Non-traumatic Chest Pain
- ECPR46 – Avoidance of Opiates for Low Back Pain or Migraines
- ECPR50 – Door to Diagnostic Evaluation by a Provider Within 30 Minutes – Urgent Care Patients
- ECPR51 – Discharge Prescription of Naloxone after Opioid Poisoning or Overdose
- ECPR52 – Appropriate Treatment of Psychosis and Agitation in the Emergency Department
- ECPR53 – Clinician Reporting of Loss of Consciousness to State Department of Public Health or Department of Motor Vehicles
- ECPR55 – Avoidance of Long-Acting (LA) or Extended-Release (ER) Opiate Prescriptions and Opiate Prescriptions for Greater Than 3 Days Duration for Acute Pain
Visit the CEDR Homepage to view the 2020 measure list with updated specifications. CEDR users will have the ability to report these measures to CMS using 2020 data.
If you are a CEDR customer and have questions about measures and your CEDR dashboard, please email CEDR@acep.org
Nalani Tarrant, MPH, PMP
Director, Quality Collaboratives, Data and Quality Measuree