Value to ACEP Members
Welcome to the Spring 2019 CEDR newsletter. The member leaders of the CEDR Steering Committee and the staff at ACEP have been hard at work on many fronts to ensure that CEDR provides value to ACEP members. In this message, I would like to highlight some of those efforts.
- CEDR continues to grow in ED visits, members served, and facilities enrolled. Managing the expansion is the key task of ACEP staff. Details of this growth are highlighted by Bill Malcolm below.
- For those members who have already enrolled in the Emergency Quality Network (E-QUAL) be sure to take advantage of the ability to submit data into E-QUAL through CEDR. Using this process, not only can you earn Improvement Activity credit for MIPS, but participation can also count towards ABEM Maintenance of Certification credit. Multiple requirements fulfilled by one process!
- We are interfacing with CMS to ensure that our quality measures continue to fulfill their criteria for meaningful measures. At the same time, we are working closely with the Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Committee to bring new quality measure concepts to evaluation and testing. By protecting our validated measures and developing additional concepts, we can ensure our members have the broadest selection of measures to submit.
- In January, ACEP convened a Data Summit in coordination with the Emergency Medicine Foundation (EMF). With the growth of CEDR, the natural evolution of a clinical registry is to be a source of research generation. Key answers around data integrity and development processes are the future of this effort. Pawan Goyal shares more information about the Summit and collaboration with EMF below.
- Finally, plans are underway for a Health IT Summit in July. This is an effort to actively engage with industry regarding the importance of emergency care. Again, Dr. Goyal shares more information on this upcoming event in his column.
As you can see the collaboration of our staff and volunteer members working closely brings significant value to our members. Please do contact us if you have issues or wish to participate as a member. Thank you!
Dr. Abhishek Mehrotra, MD, MBA, FACEP
Chair, CEDR Committee