Emergency Medicine professionals are natural innovators who constantly adapt to an unpredictable environment. With a constant flow of new processes, new technologies, and new hacks, a few innovations inevitably rise to the top.
UrgentMatters is partnering with ACEP and CORD to identify and celebrate EM Innovators of the Year. Categories of innovation include:
- Improvements to quality of care
- Patient safety
- Emergency Department (ED) flow
- Delivery of care
- Patient experience
- Staff/trainee education in the ED
Eight semifinalist teams will present virtually at CORD in April 2021.
Four Finalist teams will present before an expert panel at ACEP in October 2021.
Winning team will receive $1,000 and will be awarded the title of EM Innovator of the Year!
Applications will be scored on innovation, significance, approach, generalizability, and presentation. All innovations must have been used in practice and not solely theoretical.
This contest is designed for physician-led teams. If you are a new company innovating treatment in the ED, please contact Jodi Talia at email@example.com to apply for the company EM Innovators of the Year competition.
- Submit a short written application by March 14
- Submit a video description of your innovation (less than five minutes in length and engaging – think a TikTok-style or Pecha Kucha (PK) presentation)
Good luck innovators!
Questions? Email UrgentMatters at UrgentMatters@gwu.edu.