Hear from the change-makers in EM!
Sunday, October 27 | 8:00 am - 9:30 am
Perspectives from Female Physicians on Leadership, the Ascent of Women in Medicine, and Women at the Forefront of Change
Presented by: Resa E. Lewiss, MD, FACEP (Moderator); Dara Kass, MD, FACEP; Joneigh S. Khaldun, MD, FACEP; Megan L. Ranney, MD, MPH, FACEP; Hiral Tipimeni, MD
Our healthcare system is facing unprecedented change. And in the face of systems change, we need change-makers. These renowned speakers are leading societal and systemic change in the following areas:
- FemInEM and summarize the data on the advancement of women in EM
- The TIME’S UP Healthcare organization and structural solutions to sexual harassment and gender-based inequity
- AFFIRM a gun violence reduction agent moving forward filling the gap in gun violence research in America
- Serving as an appointed statewide officer; public health initiatives in the state of Michigan
- Running for elected office as an emergency physician
Find solutions in which you can go “beyond your day job” and influence national conversations on health-related issues. Learn why it’s so important for traditional science and innovative programs to work hand-in-hand to make meaningful change.