Adventures Outside of the ED – A Wilderness Medicine Experience at ACEP17
At ACEP Scientific Assembly 2017 in Washington DC, the Wilderness Medicine (WM) Section will be hosting a fantastic new event: “Adventures Outside of the ED.” Plans are to dedicate a 30’x50’ space in the exhibit hall for physician wellness and wilderness medicine education. There are several activities we have in mind, and are reaching out for section members to participate. Read More »
- Ongoing medical scenarios created and proctored by WM section members will be performed
by attendees. Various settings, illnesses & injuries that are limited only by your imagination!
- Hands-on demonstrations of WM standard and improvisational techniques
(splinting, litters, patient packaging, etc.)
- Educational presentations, latest research, and general information sessions on WM topics
- WM annual photo contest display
- Book signing by prominent WM authors, such as Dr. Paul Auerbach
- AND a climbing wall!