Purpose: To provide updated information to section members on ultrasound reimbursement and coding questions.
Stan Wu, MD, FACEP - Co-chair
Jennifer R. Marin, MD - Co-chair
Goals for the year:
- Updates to CPT ultrasound and procedural codes/requirements
- Contributing to the section update in Ultrasound Guidelines with a valuation of point of care ultrasound (POCUS).
- Discussion of a POCUS CPT code
- Individualized responses to coding and reimbursement questions on the EM ultrasound list serve
- Keeping the section website updated with archived and current information
Coding and Reimbursement Documents
2009 ACEP EUS Coding and Reimbursement Document This is the core document (100+ pages). Appendix A containing the CPT codes, is updated yearly. Please choose the Attachment A update from the list below. (Previous years are provided for reference)
2015 ACEP EUS Coding and Reimbursement Update
2014 ACEP EUS Coding and Reimbursement Update
2012 ACEP EUS Coding and Reimbursement Update
Top 10 EM Ultrasound Reimbursement FAQs
Information provided by the ACEP Reimbursement Committee
Template Letters for Appealing Denied Claims
These letters were prepared to assist in appealing some of the most common denials experienced by emergency medicine practices.
Billing Hassles Log
Provides a mechanism for practices to report denials from payers on processed claims.
These FAQs were prepared by ACEPs Reimbursement Committee, last updated, February 2017.