Medical Liability Crisis
- Billions of dollars in defensive medicine are driving up the costs of health care for everyone and harming patients.
- The lack of medical liability limits is directly linked to workforce shortages in medicine, especially among specialists needed to see patients in the emergency department.
- Texas medical liability reforms are a model for the nation.
- ACEP supports H.R. 157 and S. 1099 in Congress to reform the nation’s liability system.
- Health care reform is incomplete without meaningful liability reform.
Medical Liability Fact Sheet