Emergency Department Information Technology/CEDR
- ACEP supports advances in health information to improve patient care, patient safety and efficiency.
- Information technology is changing the way today’s emergency departments operate.
- Consistent, user-friendly electronic health records are vital in a medical emergency, because physicians may not have ready access to patients’ medical information.
- While significant progress has been made in regard to electronic health records, sharing information across regions continues to be a challenge.
- ACEP in 2016 launched the first emergency medicine specialty-wide registry at a national level in an effort to design and promote health care quality and outcomes — the Clinical Emergency Data Registry (CEDR).
Emergency Department Information Technology/CEDR Fact Sheet