Emergency Care of Children
- Emergency care of children in the United States is the best in the world.
- Emergency physicians and nurses care for nearly 25 million sick and injured children under age 15 each year,[i] the vast majority of whom have good outcomes[ii].
- Emergency physicians are experts in managing childhood emergencies and receive more training in pediatric emergencies than other physicians, including pediatricians.
- Pediatric emergency care coordinators in emergency departments are strongly linked with readiness to care for children.[iii]
- Advance planning and a calm attitude are the keys to a good ER experience with a child.
Emergency Care of Children Fact Sheet