Why Join ACEP
ACEP Is Working For You
In today’s ever-changing health care environment, emergency physicians need a strong unified specialty society. With more than 32,000 members, the American College of Emergency Physicians is the largest and most influential emergency medicine organization in the world. For more than 40 years, we’ve been:
- Providing resources to help you develop and improve your skills as an emergency physician.
- Actively working to keep you up-to-date with new government health care regulations and policies.
- Keeping you current with the latest emergency medicine technology.
- Delivering the tools and resources to help you continue your education in emergency medicine
Information and Resources You Can Count On
ACEP makes it easier for you to practice emergency medicine and provide the highest quality care for your patients:
- Exclusive, free access to LLSA articles, summaries and more.
- Award-winning publications with the latest research and practice issues.
- ACEP.org provides clinical policies, practice resources, new and updates.
- From ultrasound to pediatrics, ACEP’s Sections of Membership target your interests and expertise.
- Chapter membership offers a home base for networking and active involvement.
- For no extra cost, your dues provide access to expert ACEP staff on topics such as reimbursement, medical legal, wellness, The Joint Commission, clinical matters and other practice issues.
A Strong Focus on Physician Reimbursement
ACEP knows the challenges you face – we’re here to help with your individual practice needs and goals:
- ACEP represents the specialty of emergency medicine in the AMA, CPT and RUC process to advocate for fair payment for ED services.
- Educational material on reimbursement and coding issues such as PQRI.
- As a signatory society, ACEP is assisting members with compliance disputes with private payers that are violating settlement terms.
Advocating for You and Your Patients
ACEP gives emergency physicians a strong and unified voice in Washington, speaking out on the issues that matter most to ou and your patients:
- Our Washington, DC, office works closely with legislators and regulators who impact emergency medicine.
- Our Chapters address emergency medicine issues on the state and local levels.
- ACEP’s political action committee, NEMPAC, is one of the largest and most influential PACs in organized medicine, which allows ACEP and you to impact more congressional races and represent emergency medicine as never before.